Movement Specialist 4: Transverse Patterns
Movement Specialist 4: Transverse Patterns
Learn the skills you need to screen and implement programming for Movement, Range and Control (MRC) in the oblique myofascial chain and key joints along its path - ankle, hip and T-Spine. Identify how to re-establish strong, healthy and well co-ordinated movement patterns.
What is the aim of the workshop?
- To give you the skills to screen and implement programming to develop Movement, Range and Control (MRC) in transverse plane driven movements
- To develop a clear treatment strategy to ensure left right balance balance in transverse plane driven movements and static posture.
- Understand joint loading in three planes of motion at key joints during transverse plane movements
- Identify global movement dysfunction, local joint hypomobility and impaired loading as well as reduced motor control
- Interpret the results of your screens and assessments to establish the impact on global movement capability
- Relate movement dysfunction to myofascial lines and key joints along its path
- Facilitate healthy myofascial loading using whole body exercises to drive beneficial movement patterns
- Hugely practical day, designed to provide you with the skills to use immediately with existing clients and to engage new prospects.
Who should attend?
Personal Trainers, Sports Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and any fitness or healthcare professional who wishes to become more confident in improving the wellbeing of their clients.
Brief outline of the day
- Introduction: Brief recap on the fundamentals of movement, the kinetic chain, global movement patterns vs local joint range, loading and congruity. The importance of myofascial lines.
- Body Mapping: The group draws the key bony landmarks and the oblique chains onto a real person to help identify the pathways of myofascia and the joint structures to inform better movement recommendations.
- Screening Movement, Range and Control (MRC): in the transverse plane. Global movement screens to test the oblique myofascial chains and joint ranges. How to observe, identify movement dysfunction and interpret the results of your screening
- Intervention Strategies: How to plan a structured, sequential strategy to improve global movement patterns. Identifying which issues are the most pressing and must be dealt with first. Creating a priority list to release hypomobile joints with hands on techniques and exercise prescription to re-establish healthy global movement patterns with expert coaching.
- Joint Mobilisation: Practice exercise creation to mobilise joints in three planes of motion to ensure congruity and correct loading. Re-establish healthy proprioceptive ‘chatter’ by incorporating the mobilisations into movement - re-educate the brain.
- Myofascial Loading Optimisation: Understand how to load the oblique myofascial chains with whole body movements and incorporate it in multi chain activities.
- Case studies: Putting it all in to practice, by observing and interpreting worked examples and then carrying out the movement screens on course colleagues.
Fitness First Hammersmith Grove. 26-28, Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith. London. W6 7HA OR, please ask us if you wish to stage a workshop at your club. Minimum 6 participants.
Dates and times
Launch late September 2018. Time - 10am - 4pm. Dates tbc. When enquiring, please state your day preferences and we will aim to accommodate to you.
Which client groups will I be able to showcase these skills to?
- Existing Personal Training clients
- Existing healthcare clients
- Sporting enthusiasts who want to improve
- Higher level athletes focussed on performance
- Members of the public keen to avoid injury
How will it change my business and earning potential?
Once you have learned how to optimise the lateral chain, you will be able to help prospects identify dysfunctional movement patterns which are causing issues in their every day life and to re-establish healthy, strong movement patterns. This will significantly increase the number of client groups you can address and significantly enhance the quality of service you offer to your existing clients. Needless to say, this will enhance your earning potential as you differentiate yourself from the competition.
Please bring lunch with you. Alternatively, there are shops very nearby at which you can purchase supplies.
Drinks are available for purchase at the club.
We are currently applying for CIMSPA CPD points for this programme.